Established vide Punjab Govt. Act No. 6 of 2015 and is recognized by UGC under Section 2(F) of UGC Act, 1956.
Objectives of SBBS University
- To address the educational needs of the society through participatory mechanisms.
- To develop curriculum addressing challenges of the stakeholders for finding appropriate technology options to promote a just and equitable economic and social development.
- To develop a pool of researchers and academicians across the disciplines interested in and working for rural communities leveraging academic inputs for higher education.
- To train manpower to meet with the scientific and industrial needs- locally and globally.
- To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people of the region.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial spirit among the girls belonging to rural areas.