Established vide Punjab Govt. Act No. 6 of 2015 and is recognized by UGC under Section 2(F) of UGC Act, 1956.
General Rules and Regulations
- A student shall confirm to high standards of discipline and shall conduct himself/herself, within and outside the premises of the Institute, in a manner befitting the students and the Institute.
- He/She shall have a seriousness of purpose and shall in every way train himself/herself to lead a life of earnest endeavor and co-operation.
- He/She shall show due courtesy and consideration to the Employees of the Institute and good neighbourliness to his fellow students, respect to the wardens of the hostel and the teachers of the Institute and pay due attention and courtesy to the visitors & Society members.
- Ragging in any form is banned. Ragging is a criminal offence as per the Supreme Court ruling and FIR shall be registered against the student(s) found indulging in the crime.
- To safeguard its ideals, character and personal behavior, Institute reserves the right to expel the students from the institution for any reason deemed sufficient.
- The Head of Department can impose minor punishment such as fine upto `500/-.
- HOD can place a student under suspension from class/Hostel in case of gross indiscipline on the part of student.
- Major punishment such as expulsion/rustication from the University, debarring the candidate from appearing in the university examination shall be executed by Principal on the result of enquiry conducted by disciplinary committee.
- Students and their parents/representatives are forbidden from addressing members of the Society or the members of the Governing Board directly.
- Consumption of non-vegetarian food, alcohol or any other intoxicant and smoking, etc, are strictly prohibited.
- The guilty students shall be liable for punishment and disciplinary action which may include expulsion, suspension from the University or hostel or imposition of fine or both.
- Semester tuition fee and fine imposed, if any, is to be deposited in time, failing to do so may lead to suspension from classes/debarring from appearing in examination.
- All kinds of shouting or any act of movement or behavior that is likely to cause disturbance of the teaching is strictly prohibited.
- Every student is to see that no damage is done to University property. Fitting and repair charges for the damage [intentional or negligence] are to be borne by the student.
- Regarding college bus facility to day scholars, minimum 3 months fee will be charged from the students if he/she discontinues availing the facility before mid-session or starts availing the facility after mid-session. Similarly full six months fee will be charged if he discontinues availing the facility after mid-session or starts availing the renewal facility before mid-session.
- The University reserves the right to make amendments in these rules & regulations from time to time.
- Eligible SC, ST, BC, OBC, PwD students etc. should submit-their scholarship forms for the academic year by August.