Instructions for Ph.D Entrance Test
1. Last Date for Registration: 19th December, 2018 (till 12:00 Noon).
2. Entrance Test Date: 23/12/2018 (Sunday).
3. Time of Entrance Test: 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
4. Reporting Time: 9:00 AM (on 23/12/18) Sunday
6. Interview Date: 23/12/18 at 12:30 PM in Conference Room, Block No 5, SBBS UNIVERSITY
7. Note: The Ph.D. Course Work is in Regular Mode from Monday to Friday.
8. Note for Ph.D. Entrance Test: The entrance test is exempted for UGC NET/GATE/SLET qualified candidates & regular M.Phil candidates (But it is mandatory for UGC NET/GATE/SLET candidates and for regular M.Phil candidates to fill registration form online and deposit registration fee (Rs. 2500 by 19th December, 2018) through demand draft /online mode.
Instructions to fill the Registration Form
1. All the candidates are advised to fill the registration form online completely, available on the website www.sbbsuniversity.ac.in till 23rd December, 2018 by 12:00 Noon. The candidates have to upload his/her latest passport size photograph along with Demand Draft/Bank Online Transfer Slip.
2. The candidates have to deposit an amount of Rs 2500 as Registration Fee through online mode or through Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, Sant Baba Bhag Singh University payable at Adampur (Distt: Jalandhar) by 1th December, 2018.
The detail of online mode is:
Name of the Account Holder: Sant Baba Bhag Singh University
Account Number: 0235002101718699
IFSC Code: PUNB 0023500
3. The Roll Nos. can be downloaded from the website sbbsuniversity.ac.in from 20 December, 2018 onwards. The candidates should bring one original ID Proof with themselves at the time of examination.
Instructions for the Examination
There will be no negative marking
Total Marks: 100 (There will be 100 questions and each will carry 1 Mark)
Style of Paper: Section ‘A’ will carry 50 questions of Research Methodology. Section ‘B’ will carry 50 questions of a specified subject (in which candidate has done his masters degree).
Important instructions for the examination:
1. Use black/ blue ballpoint only to fill the OMR sheet.
2. Fill your details clearly on the OMR sheet.
3. It is mandatory to bring one original identity proof.
4. In case of any indiscipline by the candidate, the paper will be cancelled.
5. Reporting time in the examination centre is 9:00 AM
6. No student will be allowed to leave the examination before 12.00 Noon.
For any Enquiry please call 8968811812 (between 9 AM to 4:30 PM) on working days
For any technical query please call 9914480788, 9815938386 (between 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
Instructions for the selected candidates to appear in the interview of Ph.D.
The candidates who are exempted from the Ph.D. entrance test (UGC NET/SLET/GATE qualified) & those who will clear the Ph.D. entrance test should bring attested copies of their all testimonials at the time of interview along with the original documents. (To be held on 23 December, 2018 at Sant Baba Bhag Singh University). They should also bring a Research Statement of 7-8 pages (Introduction: 1 Page, Review of Literature: 2-3 Pages, Problem Statement: 1 Page, References: 2-3 Pages).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO THE Ph.D. PROGRAMME
As per UGC Rules & Regulations.
DURATION OF THE Ph.D. PROGRAMME:
1. Ph.D. programme shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Two years extension beyond the above limits can be granted by the Vice Chancellor of the University on the request of the student. The request should be rooted by the student through his/her Supervisor(s).
2. The women candidates and persons with disability (more than 40% disability) may be allowed a relaxation of two years for Ph.D. in the maximum duration. In addition, the women candidates may be provided Maternity Leave/Child Care Leave once in the entire duration of Ph.D. for up to 240 days.
VACANT SLOTS IN Ph.D.
Agriculture (04), Botany/ EVS (12), Chemistry (05), History (05), Law (03), Management (02), Mathematics (09), Physics (02), Punjabi (07), Zoology (07)
FEE STRUCTURE OF Ph.D.