About IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) SBBS University
In pursuance of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) action plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation quality up-gradation institutions of higher education, Sant Baba Bhag Singh University has established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in 2017. The primary task of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of all institutes is voluntary system for overall quality enhancements by working out planned interventionist strategies to remove deficiencies and make improvements in various aspects as curriculum development, teaching learning support system and governance structure. Specified objectives, strategies, functions and benefits of IQAC are as the followings:
The primary aim of IQAC is:
1. To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
2. To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
1. Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
2. Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
3. Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
4. Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
5. The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
6. Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
7. Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks.
2. Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
3. Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
4. Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
5. Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
6. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
7. Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
8. Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
9. Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
10. Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
11. Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to:
1. Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
3. Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
4. Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
5. Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
6. Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
Operational Features of IQAC
1. It is a by-product of quality assurance defining the objectives of an institution. It specifies the checks and balances to evaluate the degree to which each of the tasks is fulfilled.
2. Improvement through dedication instead of institutional dominance is the trust behind designing the procedures and instruments for guaranteed quality.
3. Maintenance of highest levels and standards are to be ensured by IQAC in whatever is done in the institution for education.
4. To achieve the above mentioned aims ,IQAC will have to create methods and techniques to collect figures and particulars on various aspects of institutional working.
Village Khiala,P.O Padhiana, Distt. Jalandhar-144030