Institutional Innovation Cell (IIC)
Ministry of HRD has established MHRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC) to encourage the creative energy of our student population to work on new ideas and innovation and promote them to create start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures. Higher Education Institutions (HEI) are the major force of learning young students and plays an important role in improving their skills. To fulfill the objectives of MIC, Sant Baba Bhag Singh University has established Institutional Innovative council (IIC) in the campus. The SBBSU Innovation Council have been registered with MHRD-AICTE under the leadership of worthy Vice Chancellor and emphasized on the importance of Critical and Design thinking on 20th November, 2018.
The MIC has following objectives
- 1. Using existing local ecosystem to nurture the innovative ideas and start-ups.
- 2. Students/Faculty associated with ICs will have exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiative and competitions organized by MHRD.
- 3. Win existing prizes/Certificates every month.
- 4. Meet/interact renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- 5. Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- 6. Mentoring by industry professionals.
- 7. Experimenting with new ideas and technologies.
- 8. Visit new places and see new culture.
Major focus of IIC
- 1. To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- 2. Start-up supporting Mechanism in HEIs.
- 3. Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework.
- 4. Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- 5. Develop better Cognitive Ability for Technology Students.
List of activities of MIC is listed on Pdf which might be change www.mic.gov.in/iic.html