Physiotherapy is a health care profession with an emphasis on the use of physical approaches for the promotion of health and the prevention, treatment and management of disease and disability. It is the fourth largest healthcare profession in the world and addresses problems with movement dysfunction and pain that can arise from musculoskeletal, neurological, respiratory and chronic disability conditions or from mental illness and intellectual impairment. The physiotherapy department in SBBS University strives to provide an outpatient service that is based on high standards of care and quality. Goals are achieved through comprehensive assessment with individual treatment combining education, continuous support, home exercises programs and advice.
The vision of the Department of Physiotherapy is to be recognized in the region, state and nation as an outstanding physical therapist, educational program with quality faculty members, staff and students.
• To provide conducive atmosphere for easy and effective learning.
• To prepare the students to face the global healthcare needs.
• To provide quality physiotherapist well equipped with cognitive, psychomotor and effective skills.
• To inculcate the holistic approach amongst the students for the total rehabilitation of patients.
• To foster the research culture among the students and staffs for timely up gradation of knowledge.
• To provide exposure to the extracurricular activities for all-round development of students.
• To provide quality care with the help of recent advances in physiotherapy for early functional independence of patients