Established vide Punjab Govt. Act No. 6 of 2015 and is recognized by UGC under Section 2(F) of UGC Act, 1956.
Department of Physical Education
- The highly professional teacher education & learning programme.
- Prepares specialists in games & sports of the choice of the students and compulsory specialization in athletics& gymnastics/swimming.
- Prepares sound background for joining higher teaching, training and coaching institutions.
- Provides sound technical knowledge to become qualified umpires / referees/ managers/ technical delegates.
- Generate employment and self-employment opportunities in the field of health, fitness and gym management.
- Prepares managers & administrators in physical education & sports.
- Provides expertise in sports marketing.
- Provides training in the field of yoga and Sikh martial arts (Gatka).